Laws and Regulations
Summary of laws and regulations
Read a summary of federal conscience laws and regulations: Conscience Law and Reg Handout
Contraceptives and sterilization mandate
Learn about the administration's mandate under Obamacare, read organizations' comments
On Feb. 18, 2011, the Obama administration officially gutted the only federal anti-discrimination regulation protecting conscience rights in health care.
- Read the Obama administration rule here.
- Read Notes on Obama conscience regulation.pdf.
- Read the previous (2008 Bush administration) Conscience-protecting HHS regulation.
- Read a summary of current laws and regulation: Conscience Law and Reg Handout
In March 2012, the administration issued an Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking concerning its mandate that even conscientiously objecting individuals and organizations must subsidize free contraceptives for everyone.
In November 2011, the administration considered easing medical and ethical requirements related to organ donation policies.
- Read the Organ donation policy change proposal
- Read the CMA letter on organ donation policy response by the Christian Medical Association
- Read the Family Research Council summary on organ donation policy
- Read the National Catholic Bioethics Center letter on organ donation policy
- Read the National Catholic Partnership on Disability letter on organ donation policy