Fairness for All Act
Not fair and not for all
The mis-named “Fairness for All Act” would:
- Elevate sexual preference and choice to the same protected legal civil rights status as race, which is an immutable, non-subjective quality.
- Subject “any provider of medical services” to sexual discrimination prosecution simply for following biological facts and long-standing faith principles regarding sex.
- Allow religious freedom exemption only for a narrow subset of the faith community such as places of worship and certain religious educational facilities while eliminating religious freedom protection on sexual issues for all the rest of religious Americans.
Bill text excerpts:
- No biology: “The term ‘gender identity’ means the gender-related identity, appearance, mannerisms, or other gender-related characteristics of an individual, without regard to the individual’s designated sex at birth.”
- Medical targets: “No employer whose primary purpose and activity is to deliver medical services shall be eligible for the exemptions.”
- Physicians compelled: “to provide a service, treatment, therapy, procedure, or drug on the same medical terms or criteria applicable to individuals needing that service, treatment, therapy, procedure or drug, without regard to protected class status.”